8 Reasons to Become a Web Developer Infographic
Mar 23, 2018
Why should you consider a career in web development?
- UNLOCK YOUR CREATIVITY
- Learning to code is a lot like learning an instrument or a language. Once you understand the foundation, you can flex your creative muscles.
- YOU'LL BE PART OF A COMMUNITY
- The San Diego tech scene and online community for developers are huge. Take advantage of the technical support and like-minded people available to help.
- YOU DON'T NEED A DEGREE
- The necessity of a formal degree in web development has decreased with the rise in coding bootcamps similar to LEARN academy who can teach all the skills needed for a career and offer job placement services.
- THE PAY IS GOOD
- The median salary for a web software developer in San Diego, CA (according to Salary.com) is $83,443, putting a web-developer on the higher end of starting salaries across many different fields.
- JOB FLEXIBILITY
- Being a web developer gives you the flexibility to work freelance or part of an organization. Working with a computer also gives you the option to work at an office or remotely.
- THE FUTURE LOOKS GOOD
- The dependence on technology and mobile devices show no sign of stopping. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports the job outlook from 2016 - 2026 will increase by 15% over that time span.
- LEARN academy will teach you the coding languages you need to be successful out the door, but there are 500+ languages to learn, each having their own role. This gives you the ability to continually expand your knowledge.
- CODING CAN BE FUN
- Web development continues to be one of the more exciting careers available by allowing people to work in just about any industry, including smaller companies and start-ups