LEARN Academy is offering an exciting opportunity for a self-starting, entrepreneurial-minded, organized genius to join our small, fun, and agile team. If you are looking for an exciting new role with lots of freedom to create in a collaborative environment with no bureaucracy, just rewarding outcomes, then this is the job for you. LEARN has a modern structure, allowing our employees to really take ownership of their responsibilities and to receive the rewards of their success.
This Operations Coordinator’s overall responsibility is to ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day practices of our organization.
LEARN Academy is San Diego’s web development bootcamp. We provide life-changing (no, seriously) inverted classroom instruction on modern programming languages, preparing our students for the high-demand, high-tech world of web and mobile development. LEARN’s beautiful offices and classrooms are located in the heart of East Village in Downtown San Diego. For more information about LEARN academy, please visit www.learnacademy.org.
If you love to organize, plan, and connect with people, we want to talk to you! We are looking for an Operations Coordinator to support the company in the daily activities of the organization. We need someone who is adaptable and excited to help us shape the role. You should be an outside-of-the-box and figure-it-out type of thinker who thrives on challenges, on your attention to detail, and putting together the puzzle pieces. You’ll operate with a lot of autonomy but with the full support of the CEO and the rest of the LEARN family.
You should have a grasp of current technology and an eagerness to learn new technical tools. We use a lot of digital tools to track, manage, and organize the business. You should be comfortable managing goals, deadlines, and budgets.
- Assist staff with daily operations of the organization
- Oversee regulator compliance
- Work with team leaders to learn departmental needs and help facilitate the management of goals
- Manage student onboarding
- Observing, reviewing, and analyzing processes to identify inefficiencies and areas where improvements could be made
- Manage current financing options, research alternatives, and monitor implementation
- Collaborating with management and executives to set departmental and organization-wide goals
- Coordinate evening and weekend events
- Coordinate office procedures
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Take accurate minutes of meetings and assist in tracking tasks
- Assist in maintaining and updating CRM
- Prepare regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Cover the reception desk area and provide general support to visitors
- Write emails on behalf of other office staff as directed
- Answer telephone calls and pass them on
- Coordinate repairs to office equipment
- Photocopy and print out documents on behalf of other colleagues
- Order office/classroom supplies and maintain inventory
The Ideal Candidate:
- Competence with project management, and communication applications (i.e. Zoom, Slack, Trello, Hubspot, DocuSign, Notion)
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Google suite tools
- Proven experience as an administrative/office assistant or virtual assistant
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- No previous coding experience required, but a passion for tech is a plus