LEARN Academy is San Diego’s original coding boot camp. We offer an intensive, full-time course designed to help students transform their interest in programming into a career in web development. This challenging, full-stack program provides students with an immersive experience, hands-on instruction, and lifetime access to career services. LEARN is looking to add an entry-level developer/teacher to our instruction team. This position will support the lead instructor, assist in updating our ever evolving syllabus, create sample applications and exercises for the students, deliver lectures and live-coding demonstrations, and write and review code challenges.
LEARN Academy is a collaborative work environment and an active member in San Diego’s tech community. We are committed to supporting career transitioners and under-represented groups entering the tech workforce. We are passionate about our student’s learning and success as well as working together as a team to cultivate personal and professional growth. If you are looking to expand your coding skills while mentoring future developers, LEARN is the place to be!
- Be a positive presence in the LEARN classroom.
- Support each student’s journey to becoming a junior developer.
- Teach and clearly present information during live lectures.
- Create code challenges and support content for students.
- Receive feedback from students and instruction team and work collaboratively with the LEARN staff.
- Assist in managing the daily flow of the classroom.
- Manage classroom inventory (when applicable).
- Be a representative for LEARN in the community.
- Participate in LEARN-hosted events, student-focused events, and community technical events.
- Assist with preparing and leading LEARN-hosted technical meetups.
- Participate in preparation and instruction of Jumpstart Weekend.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has experience teaching technical topics, especially for beginners – this includes conference talks, mentoring, or internal training.
- Has experience creating screencasts.
- Has the patience and experience to create an inclusive and positive learning environment.
- Has an interest in a wide variety of technical topics.
- Has experience working collaboratively on a team.
- Has experience managing a project.
- Has strong organizational and communication skills.
- Has an interest in cognitive science and teaching principles.
Is hard working, kind, and open to feedback.
- Must be permitted to work in the US.