LEARN Academy is San Diego’s original coding boot camp. We offer an intensive, full-time course designed to help students transform their interest in programming into a career in web development. This challenging, full-stack program provides students with an immersive experience, hands-on instruction, and lifetime access to career services. LEARN is looking to add a mid-level developer/teacher to our instruction team. This position will support the lead instructor, assist in updating our ever evolving syllabus, create sample applications and exercises for the students, deliver lectures and live-coding demonstrations, and write and review code challenges.
LEARN Academy is a collaborative work environment and an active member in San Diego’s tech community. We are committed to supporting career transitioners and under-represented groups entering the tech workforce. We are passionate about our student’s learning and success as well as working together as a team to cultivate personal and professional growth. If you are looking to expand your coding skills while mentoring future developers, LEARN is the place to be!
- Teach and clearly present information in person and in recorded lessons.
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of how to teach and plan courses with course content outlines.
- Organize content logically and create visual teaching resources.
- Write code challenges to support content and challenge students.
- Acts as project manager for changes / additions to the curriculum
- Assists in managing the daily flow of the classroom
- Manages classroom inventory
The Ideal Candidate
- Has experience teaching technical topics, especially for beginners – this includes conference talks, mentoring or internal trainings
- Has experience creating screencasts.
- Is interested in spending a lot of time creating the best content to start learning a new technology.
- Has experience working collaboratively on a team.
- Has experience managing a project.
- Strong organizational skills
- Has an interest in cognitive science and teaching principles.
- Is hard working, kind, and open to feedback.
- Lives in San Diego or is willing to relocate (must be permitted to work in the US).
- No remote positions available.