Career Services Manager
LEARN Academy is offering an exciting opportunity for a self-starting, entrepreneurial-minding networking genius to join our small, fun, and agile team. If you are looking for a leadership role with lots of freedom to create, in a collaborative environment, with no bureaucracy, just rewarding outcomes, then this is the job for you. LEARN has a modern, flat structure, allowing our employees to take ownership of their responsibilities and to receive the rewards of their success.
LEARN Academy is San Diego’s web development bootcamp. We provide life-changing (no, seriously) inverted classroom instruction on modern programming languages, preparing our students for the high-demand, high-tech world of web and mobile development. LEARN’s beautiful offices and classrooms are located in the heart of East Village in Downtown San Diego. For more information about LEARN academy, please visit www.learnacademy.org.
If you love to help and connect people, we want to talk to you. We are looking for a Career Services Manager to plan, implement, and evaluate all professional development, job search, recruitment, and job placement strategies for all current students and alumni at LEARN. You should be an outside of the box, just figure it out thinker who thrives on challenges and loves collaborating with students and colleagues. You’ll operate with autonomy but with the CEO’s full support and the rest of the LEARN family.
You should have a grasp of current technology trends, a desire to inspire students and companies. You should be comfortable with being responsible for goals, deadlines, and budgets.
- Facilitates Internship Program as a part of the curriculum
- Recruits new companies to host internships
- Keeps a steady pipeline of companies interested in the program
- Schedules companies to present their internship opportunity to students
- Coordinates interviews with companies and arranges internship placement
- Monitors both student and company progress during the internship
- Advises Students Regarding Career Search and Provides Job Placement Assistance
- Works with students and graduates to assist them in their career search by helping to develop employment goals, résumé and cover letter preparation, a live portfolio site, and interviewing skills.
- Maintains various employment resources, including a database of employment possibilities, career guidance references, employment literature, and related information.
- Coach and guide students through their career search plan
- Monitors the progress of students who are interviewing and follows-up with employers and students to determine the outcome.
- Maintains an active lead generation system to ensure sufficient job opportunities are available for students and graduates.
- Answers all job lead calls from prospective employers.
- Stays up-to-date on recruitment trends in the technology sector regionally and nationally.
- An active member of the local Startup/Tech Community
- Attends regular meetups.
- Participates and plans LEARN meetups.
- Teach Professional Development
- Designs and delivers curriculum around professional development topics for students and alumni.
- Plans and facilitates professional development week.
- Works individually and in groups to provide career coaching and educational workshops including, but not limited to, job search strategies, resume creation, cover letters, follow-up letters, preparing for interviews, and searching for part-time or permanent career employment.
- Handles Student, Alumni and Employer Outreach
- Coordinates employer field trips, attends job fairs and prepares print materials to generate job leads.
- Identifies and communicates with unplaced graduates and students who are close to completing their program.
- Maintain contact with local employers to obtain information on job opportunities to develop and enhance working relationships and facilitate student placement.
- Ensures proper documentation and verification of all reported graduates employment status is collected and maintained.
- Provides employment information as needed for state and industry reporting.
- 2 – 5 years of experience in career services, recruitment, student advisement, or related field
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree
- Community and business development experience
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Structured in planning, processes, and timelines
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys a collaborative workspace