Diversity in tech has created a buzz, but too few companies act on supporting individuals that identify as being part of an under-represented community. Measurabl, who specializes in sustainability data management, wants to grow and diversify its software development team and is looking to LEARN academy to help.
Through this partnership with Measurabl, 3 candidates will receive a $6,000 scholarship for LEARN Academy’s upcoming Full-Stack Web Developer Bootcamp. Following the completion of the full-stack course, these individuals will be awarded with a 3-month paid internship at Measurabl. Those who are a good fit at Measurabl will be evaluated for a full-time developer position after the completion of the internship.
Who is This Coding Scholarship For?
To promote more diversity in tech, this scholarship will be awarded to individuals that identify in under-represented communities. These individuals could identify from lots of different groups, and we want to give as many people as possible a chance to help diversify our San Diego tech community. If you think you identify with an under-represented community, this coding scholarship is for you.
How Does This Coding Scholarship Work?
This $6,000 coding scholarship is available for our upcoming class starting on November 18th, 2019. Here is the breakdown of how this coding scholarship will work.
- Up to 3 individuals will be awarded the $6,000 coding scholarship.
- These individuals will proceed through the 4-Month Full-Stack Web Developer Bootcamp, including 3-months of professional classroom instruction, and a 1-month internship.
- Following graduation from the program, these individuals will be awarded a 3-month paid internship at Measurabl.
- At the end of the internship, those individuals that prove to be a good fit will be evaluated for a full-time position at Measurabl.
How to Apply For This Coding Scholarship?
Here are the steps to apply for this $6,000 coding scholarship:
- Apply to our upcoming Full-Stack Web Developer Bootcamp through the LEARN academy website.
- Apply to the coding scholarship.
- All interested individuals need to be accepted into the upcoming class AND submit their coding scholarship applications by October 11th, 2019.
- Applications for the scholarship will be reviewed and interviews scheduled from October 15th – 25th, 2019.
- Winners of the coding scholarship will be announced around November 1st, 2019.
Class will begin on November 18th, 2019.