One of the sole purposes of learning to write code is to build or do things. That makes it very important to know the capabilities of any programming language. When you see the kind of applications you can create, it becomes easier to invest time in learning it. You’ll also become more assured that you’re on the path that appeals most to you.
Table of Contents:
- Client-Side Web Applications
- Server-Side Web Applications
- Mobile Applications
- Desktop Applications
- Web Games
Traditional web applications usually have the client-side and server-side.
- The smooth fading of a button
- The figure-changing effect of count-down timers
- The zooming animation when viewing images
- The playing of media files such as audio or video
- Custom animations of web page elements
These frameworks make it easy to build Single Page Applications (SPAs) and Progressive Web Applications (PWAs).
Progressive Web Applications (PWAs) are web applications with some “mobile-app powers.” Like SPAs, PWAs do not always request for web pages. But they also have access to the mobile device’s functionalities and work offline.
Another example of such server-side applications is an automated mailing system where the software sends automated emails to chosen email addresses.
You can also create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) using Node.js. Through your APIs, other web applications can communicate with your web app. For example, if you have some information on the weather conditions on your street; you can build an API. Through this API, other apps can request for the weather data when they need it.
There’s a whole lot you can do as regards building software for servers when using NodeJS.
So, you do not need to write different code bases for the Android and iOS operating systems. All you need to do is to write code once and run it across different platforms.
If you want native desktop apps, you can use a framework like Proton Native. Proton Native provides you with native desktop components and tools that you can use to build a standard native desktop app.
- Embedded Systems: Node.js is famous for building server-side web applications. But one can also use it to write software that runs on embedded systems.
- Presentations: Reveal.js, Impress.js are pretty powerful frameworks you can use to create beautiful slide decks. The advantage is that they are easy to use; so you can make something amazing in a couple of minutes.